Monday, August 27, 2012

Terrific Tuesdays #30


Do you ever have a week that goes completely off plan? I was planning to organize all the kids rooms this last week, since the kids started school. It's much easier to throw away certain things when they aren't home to see;)

Well, my husband went hunting and came home with an elk. So I spent two days helping cut and wrap that. My husband would cut {or grind} and I wrapped.We got 17 roasts, 22 pkgs of sausage, 8 pkgs of steaks and  6 huge summer sausages. I'm tired just typing it up. We've never done it all ourselves before, and I'm not sure we will do it again;) 

I spent another two days canning picante sauce, pizza sauce, raspberry jam and raspberry syrup.

I like to be busy and I love canning/preserving food, but all that was a little much for one week.

So I'm ready to party!

The most viewed link:

Dressing on a Shoestring Budget by Blissful and Domestic
This post has great tips. While you're there check out some of her other stuff. She's amazing and I always come away inspired when I read her blog.


Some of my favorites this week:

Chevron Backsplash by Pressing On
I'm sure this took a lot of time and patience, but it was sooo worth it. So cute and really adds to the kitchen.

Blueberry Cheesecake Pie by Stella B's Kitchen
Doesn't this look just amazing? It's been so long since I've had cheesecake. I really want to try this recipe soon.

Stencils and Sandpaper by Little House in the Big D
I love the look of this little table. Great job! 





Check out my posts from last week:


Sewing Table Makeover 
and 


Now let's see all the terrific things you've been up to.
Here are my guidelines:
1. Link up any projects, crafts, or recipes you have blogged about recently. You can definitely link up several projects. No shops or link parties please.
2. Comment, comment, comment.  My vision for this link party is not to link and go. Please comment on two other links.
3. I'd love for you to follow my blog.{This is not required, but I’d love for you to take a minute and check it out.} Also if you're so inclined, you can follow me on facebook and pinterest as well.

4. Display my button somewhere on your blog - in the post, the sidebar, or on a party page.

11 comments :

  1. Thank you for featuring my chevron backsplash! Thanks for hosting the party, I linked up again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for hosting! Have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It sounds like your week has been Crazy busy! I hope you can get some time to relax. Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always fun to visit your site. Thanks so much for hosting, and have a great weekend.

    The bottling part of your week sounds great, but I'm glad it was your husband that got an elk, not mine! That doesn't sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel,
    Thanks for hosting the party. Have a nice week.
    Hugs from Portugal

    Ana Love Craft

    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, that's what we do too...wait until they are not home and clean their rooms. It's on my list for this week since the kids are visiting their Grandparents for the week...hopefully I'll get it done!
    Thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting another great party. There are so many links worth visiting! I've been cleaning house too and have five garbage bags full of stuff to donate now. I'm impressed by all the meat you've processed. You've been busy!!!

    Bonny @ thedomesticatedprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete