Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Baptism {Scrap} Booklet

Last month my son was baptized. I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We believe that children become accountable and are ready for baptism when they are 8 years old. They also receive a special blessing called a Confirmation, where they receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

I wanted him to remember this special day, so I made him a little booklet. I think this is a great idea for any special occasion. The kids love to look at them and it's easy to do.





Inside I have spots for writing and for pictures.  I printed off some of these pages. I found them here.

I also typed up a few:
This one says "What are some things I can do every day to help me keep my baptismal covenants?


and: "What I remember about the blessing I received."

Want to make your child their own baptism booklet?

 Here's what you need:
3 sheets cream paper - {Print out what you'd like in booklet format, then cut to 5x7- for a total of 6 pages}
11 decorative sheets 5 1/2 x 7 1/2
6 black 6x8
1 black 4x4
1 cream 3x3
scraps for embellishing
2 rings

Once your paper is printed and cut, paste them together {I used glue dots} I layered them with black on bottom, then the decorative paper and then the cream paper with the printed words. I used the front and the back of the black page. Some of the pages do not have a printed cream page. This is where I will add pictures of the big day{whenever I get them printed out}.
For the front, I added the 4x4 black paper then the 3x3 cream colored paper and labeled it Baptism Day. Then I hole punched each page and added the rings. Add any embellishments you like.

Now that is about as clear as mud.

If you have any questions, either about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, or about the booklet, I'd love to hear from you.




2 comments :

  1. very cute! thanks for the link party

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Perfect place to store those memories. Thanks for sharing with us at 'Or so she says...'! The newest party starts tomorrow (every Saturday). I would love to have you back. :) www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete