Wednesday, July 4, 2012

June Book Reviews

Happy 4th of July! 

Here are the books I've been reading in June. I'd love to know what you've been reading.




 Pope JoanPope Joan by Donna Woolfolk Cross
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book was so interesting. It's interesting to think about a time when women weren't allowed to learn to read and write. It is long. Although I was interested in the story, it was not a page turner and it seemed to take me a long time to finish.



Total ControlTotal Control by David Baldacci
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Great book! There are so many twists and turns. I have read several other David Baldicci books, and want to read more. I love his writing. {There was some swearing - enough that I want to mention it, but not enough that it made me want to quit reading it.}





365 Thank Yous: The Year a Simple Act of Daily Gratitude Changed My Life365 Thank Yous: The Year a Simple Act of Daily Gratitude Changed My Life by John Kralik
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a quick and easy read with a big impact. Unlike the writer, I don't feel that I'm ungrateful for the things I have. That being said, I usually fail to communicate my thankfulness to others. It's something important I have not made time for, but after reading this I have decided to make a more conscious effort to thank others for the things they do for me.


Daisy (The Newport Ladies Book Club)Daisy by Josi S. Kilpack
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Loved this book! It was a quick easy read, that also made you think a little. Lot's of drama.

This is the second book in a series. I don't think it matters what order you read them in because they all take place at the same time period, but from the perspective of a different book club member. The lives of the women overlap slightly, but not enough that you really know what's going on in the other character's lives. I'm excited to read the other  books.

1 comment :

  1. Hmm, haven't read any of those but I love some of Baldacci's other books. Thanks for the reviews, I'm going to put some of these on my To Read list :-)

    ReplyDelete