Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bead Board Snowmen

Do you remember my Reversible Bead Board Pumpkins?


 Well let me introduce you to my Bead Board Snowmen!


Aren't these snowmen just the cutest?  They turned out so much cuter than I thought they would.

I've seen a lot of Valentines decorations already in blogland, but I refuse to put out any Valentines decor until February 1st. (That doesn't mean I won't make anything yet - I already have plans for bead board hearts)
I dedicate the month of January to displaying all my snowman decor. 

I started out by cutting my bead board.  - You can find my patterns here.
For the hats I traced the pattern on the top, lining it up so that it would look like the band of the hat.


I painted them white, then painted them with a layer of mod podge. While it was still wet, I sprinkled them with glitter. Then I applied two coats of clear spray paint to prevent the glitter from coming off so easily.

The hats I painted black then carefully applied mod podge only to the hat band then applied glitter and clear spray paint.

When the paint was dry, I dug through my stash to dress them up a bit.

Here's a closer look at each one.


As I was looking through my buttons, I found these two adorable little bows left over from something else. They matched perfectly.


I made a small little rosette for the hat. Go here to find out how to make them.
I've had these purple buttons for 8 years. I remember because I bought them for some curtains I attempted to make for my oldest daughter when she was one. The curtains ended up to small for the window and to this day she still doesn't have any curtains.

Anyway.... back to the snowmen


Although it's hard to see, this little guy has white glitter on him.  The snowflakes are actually brads. I thought they were super cute.

The carrot noses I just cut out of paper. I tied the scarves on and cut some fringe. Everything else was hot glued on. If you want to make a little stand for them like I did go here to find out how I did it.


What do you think??  Do you love them as much as I do?


You can find more winter craft projects here.




14 comments :

  1. I love snowmen! I mean LOVE snowmen! These are adorable! This is such a cute idea! My bees are buzzing :)
    Sherry's Bees Nest

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! I love snowmen because you can use them for Christmas and in through the rest of winter. I'm hosting a winter theme linky party and would love it if you linked up! www.serendipityandspice.blogspot.com
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! I love snowmen and am loving the bead board!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable!! You did a wonderful job with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who would have known that bead board could look so cute!!! You have dressed them up so cute. Thanks for sharing with use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your snowmen are adorable! I love beadboard!! I must try this! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I'd love for you to link up to my new Thematic Thursday meme. The theme this week is Winter and this would be a perfect addition. I'm a new follower now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorable! So perfect for winter!
    Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party. I'll be featuring this tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable snowmen! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Lisa
    Criss-Cross Applesauce

    ReplyDelete
  10. those are really cute! i never would've thought of using beadboard that way! thanks again for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ADORABLE!!! Love these! thanks so much for sharing at Shine on Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so cute!! Found you from Serendipity and Spice. Please follow back www.ourthriftyideas.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are super cute! Love the look of the beadboard!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, those are just so stinkin' adorable! I'd love for you to join us A Crafty Soiree and share these! http://www.katiesnestingspot.com/search/label/A%20Crafty%20Soiree

    ReplyDelete