Friday, March 15, 2013

Trinkettes

One of the souvenirs I got when I was on the cruise last month was a bracelet. One of the women at our dinner table got a similar one and I couldn't quit looking at it. So later that night when we were passing the gift shop, I went in to look at them. I couldn't decide if I wanted one, {or more accurately, if I wanted to pay for one} but my husband said, "get it  - then I won't have to figure out what to get you for our anniversary". This is the one I chose.



Confession: I am scared of color. You'll notice I chose a white and silver bracelet. I didn't even look at the colorful ones. I even thought to myself  "I should look through all the other bracelets" The next thought I had was "No, I'm not going to waste my money if it will only match with one outfit."

Well, I figure it's time to get over my aversion to color.

One of the first things I did when I got home was to look through my Prima Bead catalog so that I could find some Trinkettes and add some color to my bracelet.{Prima Bead did supply me with the trinkettes, but they are very reasonably priced}

 These are the ones I decided on. 


In just a few minutes you can swap out the trinkettes and create a whole different look. I love the purple flowers. They're perfect for spring.  I wore this the other day and LOVED it.


I also got red. Now that's a bold color for me. But I bought a cheap red t-shirt for the cruise and I ended up loving it. So now I have a bracelet to match.


There's something about wearing a new piece of jewelry that just makes you feel good.

Prima Bead has tons of Trinkettes. They have Trinkette Kits, which include the bracelet and all the beads {And they are way cheaper than the one I got on the cruise}. They have Trinkette Mixes which are what I got {a mix of  several coordinating beads}. You can also buy the Trinkettes individually. Click the button below to check them out.




You may also like:
How to Make a Bracelet
Necklace Tutorial
Earrings Tutorial
Hand Made Jewelry
Button Necklaces
Pearl Earrings



4 comments :

  1. Both bracelets look wonderful. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For someone that has a hard time choosing a specific color, these are a great choice of bracelet. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! I made a pair of keychains with some of these beads and couldn't commit to whether or not I wanted to go with a bracelet, because I'm a silver-only kind of person, but this makes me want to go try it out!
    Thanks for sharing!
    -Kim @ Two Ten
    popping in from Sugar Bee link party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog on the collective and started following on google friend connect. This is a really creative use for old buttons!
    Handcrafted Necklaces

    ReplyDelete