Sunday, February 3, 2013

Something to Think About Sunday



 I'm glad I'm doing this series, it's making me think a little bit about things and not just going through the motions. I feel like it's totally for me. If it benefits someone else, then great, but I think I benefit the most.

I've been spent a lot of time blogging last week, trying to get this week all set up so I can spend my time getting things ready for the cruise. When I spend too much time blogging, I tend to start getting  in a zone that's not always the best. I tend to start looking at all the big blogs and wishing I was where they are at. {Although, I do not have the time or want to spend the time that I'm sure it takes to maintain that} Instead of focusing on the wonderful readers I have and the things I have been able to accomplish, I get a little envious.

So this quote today is just for me.

"May I plead with us not to be hurt—and certainly not to feel envious—when good fortune comes to another person? We are not diminished when someone else is added upon. We are not in a race against each other to see who is the wealthiest or the most talented or the most beautiful or even the most blessed." - Elder Jeffrey R. Holland {emphasis added}
 Click here to read the full article

I'd like to point out the highlighted part. Just because some one else has greater success at something does not make me any less of a person {or blogger}.


This can be applied to so many parts of our lives. I encourage us all to not compare ourselves to others. When we do it's like comparing apples to oranges, since we all have differing talents and abilities.


I hope you all have a great week!



2 comments :

  1. This was needed for me too! I work hard at my blog... but I work harder even at being a great parent to my kids... you see I am a widow making me a single parent now... almost 5 years now of single parents teenagers and preteens... hard job and it looks easy for some families... and I find myself envious of families with a dad still in them... I am doing a great job really... I just can't compare to them and I shouldn't... thanks for this inspiration and for letting me share! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the thoughtful post. I'm thinking remembering is key...I've heard the ideas before, embraced them, applied them...and then I forget. Thanks for helping me remember. Hope your cruise is lovely, and you come home refreshed and bursting with creativity! Lynaea @ EverydayBloom.com

    ReplyDelete