Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Necklace Tutorial

I love making jewelry. I have a very simple tutorial for you today. You can whip it out in no time.



The supplies I used to make the jewelry in this post was provided by Prima Bead in exchange for blogging about them.
Prima Bead has everything you will ever need to make jewelry. Are you intimidated by making your own jewelry? Well, they have you covered. They have free project patterns and jewelry techniques on the website. Prima Bead also has No Tools Required jewelry. I thought this was such a cool idea {so much so that I bought myself some for Christmas}. Basically they use snaps to create unique pieces of jewelry. Go check out their Snap in Style and Make the Connection Collections.  Oh yeah... they have free shipping too. I love that!

 
I saw a bracelet very similar to this one in their catalog. So when they offered to send me more supplies, I knew exactly what I wanted to make.


Of course, I had to make a necklace....

and earrings as well.


Today I'm going to share with you how I made the necklace.


This necklace was super easy to make.

You will need:

6 large beads {10-12 mm, I think}
12 small beads {6 mm}
6 eye pins
12 jump rings
6 lengths of chain {3 inches long each}
round tip jewelry pliers
other pliers to help open jump rings

To begin, grab an eye pin and add three beads to it. Cut the wire so there is some excess as shown above. {About 1/4 inch}

Using round tip jewelry pliers bend the wire close to the bead as shown above. {Yes, these photos are from a different project, but the concept is the same}

Then, using your round tip pliers wrap the wire around the tip of the pliers to form a loop.

You will need to make six of these. I alternated between white and grey center beads.

Next cut 6 pieces of chain in equal lengths. Measure your first piece at 3 inches. Then use that section to make sure all the rest of your chain pieces are exactly the same size.


Lastly, use jump rings to connect the chain to your beads.

Told you it was easy! You can easily change the type of chain or beads used to create a totally different look.

Stay tuned, I'll be sharing how I made the earrings tomorrow and Friday I will share a basic bracelet tutorial that my girls used to make bracelets for their friends.

You may also like:
How to Make a Bracelet
Earrings Tutorial
Hand Made Jewelry
Button Necklaces
Pearl Earrings


No comments :

Post a Comment