Thursday, October 25, 2012

30 cute girls hairstyles - free printable booklet



When it's time to fix the girls hair, I generally ask them how they want it. 90% of the time I get "Just do it in a ponytail" While that is fast and easy, there are lots of other styles that are just as quick. I just can never think of them right at the moment I'm fixing hair.  Does this happen to any of you?




I have been wanting to make a little hair booklet for a LONG time. I started snapping pictures of the girls hair in July 2011. {That was before I started the blog.}  I kept forgetting about it. Finally, I decided I was just going to get it done. We spent 3 or 4 days fixing different hairstyles until my daughter would get too sick of it. Then we'd do more the next day.  It took me several more weeks to finally go and get it printed. Then another month before I laminated the dang thing.

This booklet is kept in the bathroom and each morning my girls can flip through it and decide how they want their hair. That way we won't be doing a ponytail everyday because it's fast and we can't think of anything else. The majority of the hairstyles are quick and easy. There are a few  fancier hairstyles for Sunday or when we have more time.

Here are a few variations of the ponytail:



A quick tip for helping your kids to sit still while you try out some of these fancier hairstyles: Let them watch TV while you do it. {Does that make me a bad mom?}

Here are links to the more complicated hairstyles: 

Double Waterfall Braid
Lace Braid 
4 Piece Braid
 Double Braid
 Triple Braid
Knotted Headband

A few things to keep in mind as you view/print this little booklet:
1 - It is not professional - I am not a professional photographer or graphic designer. I did my best and it is functional for our family, so that's good enough for me.
2 - Most of the hair styles are fairly simple and there are some variations of the same type style. My intention was not to blow you away with tons of amazing, intricate styles. Rather, to get lots of simple ideas out there that anyone can do with limited time.

Please feel free to print your own copy for personal use.

Click Here to Print your own Hair booklet



Which is your favorite hairstyle? What are your tips for getting your kids to sit still while doing their hair?









19 comments :

  1. I love this idea! We have the same problem about thinking about what to do 'on the spot'. My mind goes blank.

    I tried to access your file to print it, and it says access denied. Am I doing something wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I just added this link to my "Cute Hairstyles for Little Girls Webpage. I have twin 3 year old girls. I love trying new hairstyles I think french braids are my favorite right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popped over from Blissful and Domestic. Great way to get your girls involved it personal hygiene and making choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is amazing! thanks for the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a clever idea! Love it!
    I would LOVE for you to link this up at my Ginger Jamboree Link Party!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to make a booklet! I think that's the hardest part in the morning: thinking up which hairstyle to go with for the day....
    LOVE it! pinning!

    hugs ~ Crystelle
    http://www.crystelleboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I featured you today on Blissful and Domestic. Stop by and snag a button:>


    Danielle @ Blissful and Domestic
    http://www.blissfulanddomestic.com/2012/11/feature-friday-link-party-56.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a brilliant idea. I will have to share this idea because I only have sons, but this idea is too great to not share!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this at the 'Or so she says...' link party! Just wanted to let you know that it was chosen as one of the two favorite links. It's featured again today on the blog and will also be featured on Facebook and Pinterest. Hope to see you back again!
    ~ Mariel www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great idea! Thanks for sharing it. I go through that every morning, she doesn't know how she wants her hair, I don't know how to do it. Put in a flower clip and off we go. I'm going to make one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is so great!! It will definitely help me with my crazy-haired daughter :)
    Thanks for sharing this at Artsy Corner! Hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have tried to print this several times, and the computer tells me there is something wrong with the file.....

    I am not sure what's going on....

    Crystelle
    http://www.crystelleboutique.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Rachelle! Thanks for sharing your free printable hair booklets. I just want to say that I couldn’t agree more with the others. This idea is totally awesome! My daughter and I always spend too much time in the bathroom every morning figuring out what her hairstyle should look like. This can make our decision making a lot faster!

    Hoa Bracken

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Love these cutie hairstyle for kids. How to get this book?
    BTW, do you accept for guest posting?
    Check out my page: Natural hair regrowth supplement

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the ideas!! Thanks for sharing. I can't access the hair booklet for some reason. I would love to print it!! Would you be able to email it to me? Thank you so much!! Michelle
    shelgrl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never mind : ) It finally worked and I am printing it!! Thanks again, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! I got it to work!! I am not sure why I wasn't able to get it to print before, but it worked like a champ today! We are SOO ready for school now...!!!
    Thanks so much!

    hugs x Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Unable to print/download please could you forward this to me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please email me at contactdiymom@gmail.com and I can email it to you!

      Delete