Friday, May 4, 2012

Recipe Features! Cinnamon Roll Chex & Granola

Those of you who have been around a while know that on Fridays I post a recipe of some sort. Today I'm featuring two recipes, from other bloggers, that I have tried. 

First up, Cinnamon Roll Chex Mix.  I found the recipe over at Chef in Training. Kara from Creations by Kara did a guest post there and share this amazing treat.

I have to say that I loved it. It is the perfect crunchy mix. It did not last long at our house.

Here's how mine turned out. Until it cooled and I bagged it up, I could not quit eating it. 

 The second recipe is a healthy treat. Granola! I've seen lots of granola recipes and always wanted to try making it. When Lori from The Stonybrook House linked up her World's Best Granola, I knew I had to try it. 
Picture by Stonybook House

Here are the reasons I really like this recipe: 

It's simple {not an extensive list of ingredients}

not overly sugary {isn't that weird coming out of my mouth, you all know I love my sweets} 

and so yummy! {I have it with yogurt and it feels like I'm having dessert instead of a healthy snack}

 To top it off you mix it up in the pan you bake it in, so there's almost no dishes to do.

I've made this twice, neither time did I add the ground flax seed {only because I keep forgetting to buy it.} The second time I made it I used 7 grain cereal, instead of whole oats. It was just as good but was chunkier, and needed to be cooked a little longer to get it crunchy. 
Head on over to The Stonybrook House for the recipe

Thanks to these girls and their amazing recipes!






5 comments :

  1. Awww... Thanks, Rachel for such a sweet feature! I'll have to try is with the cereal, that sounds yummy too!

    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds delicious!! I'll definitely have to try this one out. Found you on TT&J linky party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for featuring my domino art! What a pleasant surprise. Have a wonderful day.
    Amy@homehappyhome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing my Chex Mix recipe! I've got that granola recipe pinned, so I'm glad to hear that you loved it. I've gotta make some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm now headed to the kitchen to find something to eat! So glad you shared at tip toe thru tuesday!
    Kim
    tiarasandbowties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete