Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pretty In Pink...Dresser Makeover

I am loving yard sales. I usually go to all the yard sales in our area, my husband happened to drive by this in the neighboring town. 

They had already done a lot of the sanding. 

After a coat of primer and a few coats of paint, here's what it looks like now. 
  My husband suggested adding the pink to the drawers, I wasn't too sure at first, but I love how it turned out. 


I used paint we had left over from other projects, except the spray paint. 


I just spray painted the handles white. Anyone have any experience with that? I'm worried they might chip easily. But I'm willing to try it, since I don't want to spend more on hardware than I paid for the whole dresser. 


I also lined the drawers with a pink fabric. I started out using fabric mod podge, but I ran out so I ended up just using regular school glue. I squirted a line of glue around the edges, spread it around a little with a foam brush and added the fabric.

Side note: This fabric was also purchased at a yard sale by my mother-in-law. I made a skirt for each of my girls and still had tons left. I think she paid $1 for it and there had to be at least 3 yards.

This dresser now belongs in my 2 year olds room. I love her room, it's so girly.

So what do you think? Do you like it?

15 comments :

  1. that is wonderfully girl! If you used spray paint with primer mixed in, it should hold up pretty well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty....in pink. 8-) Im now following you, so please come visit me at PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com and maybe you'll follow back? THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this came out great! It is so girly. I love the pink. Good job! Love from Whimsically Homemade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful dresser...what little girl wouldn't love this in their room. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is just so sweet. I love the pink and white together - great job. And the price was right, lol. Thanks for sharing at our party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT! I love how the pink is only an accent color and goes so beautifully with her darling room. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can't wait to see what you link up next week. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how this turned out! I need to redo some furniture for my girls and didn't even think about using two colors. So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how it turned out, beautiful and perfect for her room

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a fantastic job on this dresser....It is just lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This dresser looks great! You did a good job on the re-do. I really like the pink color on the drawers. Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday! I hope to see you at the next party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like it? I love it! What a terrific transformation! You're little one has to love it! Thanks for sharing this at You're Gonna Love It Tuesday! I can't wait to see what you share next :-)

    ReplyDelete