Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pearl Earrings

Recently my daughter's best friend had a birthday.
I, as usual, forgot about it until the afternoon of the party. It was a low key party and presents were not required, but since it was my daughter's best friend, I thought we should give her something. Instead of having to drag all four of my kids to the store, I decided to make her a pair of earrings. 


My daughter actually designed the earrings. They are just simple pearls, but so pretty. 

I fell in love with them and made a second pair for my daughter. I've actually stolen them a few times to wear myself.


While I'm on the subject of earrings let me show you some I made back in December.
My baby sister helped me design them, although I've changed them a little since the hoops I had them on kept breaking. I also had a different bead instead of the pearl, but it was hanging funny so I changed it.

 I love the pearl with the silver beads.

What do you think? Which earrings do you like best?


11 comments :

  1. I love earrings, but haven't made my own since I was a kid. These are so pretty...I like them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a talented jewelry maker! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! I love that your daughter helped you make them! Thanks for sharing at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I had as much talent and patience for jewelry as you do. I cannot make so I frequest Bacon Time and her etsy shop!!
    New Follower, thank you for inviting me to link up tomorrow with your blog!
    ~Jen @ hutchinsonherd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the top ones! So simple and classy, and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute - I LOVE earrings! Thanks for sharing at Dwell on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the pearl and silver bead ones are sooooo pretty! i love them! thanks for linking this up to my tip-toe thru tuesday party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a talented jewelry maker! : ) Beautiful Pearl Earrings Your daughter is talented!

    ReplyDelete