Thursday, October 13, 2011

Peach and Raspberry Jam

Last week my mother-in-law gave me some peaches to make some jam with.

While I was canning, I decided to use up some more of my raspberries and make raspberry jam and raspberry syrup -tutorial found here.  For the jam I followed the instructions on the pectin. Each brand is a little different but basically you need a lot of sugar and maybe some lemon juice and of course the fruit.

For the peach jam I peeled and chopped up the peaches.  The best way to peel peaches for canning, is to place them in boiling water for about 1 minute.  Then the peels will slip right off.


Raspberry jam is probably the easiest jam to make because the only prepping you need to do is to wash the berries.  You could smash them up a bit, but I find that they fall apart as they cook.


Aren't these little jars so cute?  I'm going to give some of them for Christmas gifts. Any ideas of what to give with it? 



2 comments :

  1. sound so yummy love homemade goodies like this come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete